Sometimes it happens that we have a thing that we consider to be trash. This was also the case with this box. I got them during desensitization after the vaccine was over and my first thought was „why should I carry the garbage home?“ But I brought it, I threw it in a drawer and after two days it dawned on me what I can do with it.
The inspiration was the reliable Pinterest and the way to make a clutch bag with a glasses case. I came up with a mini purse 🙂
- box, mine was plastic, but it might as well be metal
- acrylic paint
- glue with varnish , as for decoupage
- nail polish remover and cotton pads (optional)
- I rubbed the box with a cotton swab soaked in remover to degrease it a little. You can skip this step if your box is completely clean, mine was covered with labels,
- We paint with paint, I painted it twice to cover all the places, wait until it dries well
- Add a little salt to the salt glue and mix,
- We put the mixture on the box, not too thick and it does not have to be very carefully covered, leave to dry.
Finally, I painted the whole thing again . In fact, I do not know if the order can be reversed, i.e. first salt with varnish and then paint. You can certainly do this when decorating metal boxes. Remember to choose a paint suitable for metal then 😉
When it comes to durability, which I was afraid of personally, it works very well, the salt does not come off at all, only cracks a little on the bend paint, but that’s what I was expecting.
If you want to decorate something this way, be sure to show off the effects!